My very first love affair was with books and it probably started as early as preschool. I loved how they could transport me to places far and imaginative with just the power of words. Books were my escape from reality but for the last 2 years or so I haven’t been reading enough.
In 2020, I probably read less than 5 books and for 2021 maybe 3, awful, I know! It makes me sad because I know my love for books hasn’t died, life just got in the way. Or maybe I allowed life to get in the way. Regardless of what did what, I plan on changing this.
For 2022, I want to read at least 12 books, one for each month. If I go over then that’s fine but I’m starting small and making time for something that truly brings me joy.
So here’s a list of books I’m hoping to read before the year ends:
1. This Close To Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith
2. The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
3. Lara Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me by Mariko Tamaki
4. My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite (this has been on my must read list for a while now)
5. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (I’m a big fan of the movie and I’m interested in seeing how the book differs from the film)
I want to add a few mystery, fantasy and poetry books to the list. I usually stick to romance or autobiographies/memoirs so I’m excited to branch out and try a few new genres.
None of these books are “newly published”, meaning they aren’t 2022 books. I’m open to reading new books coming out this year so if you have any recommendations, please let me know in the comment section.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!