Today is my birthday and honestly I have a feeling it’s going to be a memorable one. I’m counting my blessings twice and I can’t help but smile. Despite everything, I have a beautiful life and I’m grateful for another walk around the sun. Guys I started this blog in March 2020, we’ve celebrated 3 birthdays now! It’s a surreal moment when I think about it.
Last year, I wrote 23 Life Lessons to commemorate chapter 23. For my 24th, I’m doing something different. I’m making a list of 24 things I want to do before I turn 25. We’ll see how much of it I can do.
1. Bake myself a birthday cake. I baked myself an Almond Cream Cake today and it was delicious.
2. Dance in the rain while listening to music. Ummmm, tick this one off the list as well, I did this today.
3. Finish my collection of short stories and find a good literary agent. I want to explore traditional publishing because self-publishing was a different and unexpected experience.
4. Learn to drive. I need to renew my learner’s permit.
5. Improve my Spanish. I’ve been slacking for 2022, I don’t even know how to have simple chit chat anymore.
6. Attend a seminar or workshop for writing. I want to work on my craft and make it better. If I had the money, I would go back to college and study English Language and Creative Writing.
7. Learn a new skill. Maybe something that requires me to work with my hands like knitting.
8. Travel to a different country. Y’all I haven’t been any where, I wanna see somewhere different. Culture shock me please lol.
9. Strength familial bonds. My cousins and I were a lot closer when we were younger. We all have our own lives now so the dynamic has changed. However, I want us to stay connected and keep our bond.
10. Learn to play chess. No real reason why, I just always found the game interesting.
11. Read more. I’ve already discussed this on my blog. I need to read more so I’m definitely going to.
12. Eat lots of fruit. I’m not a fruit person, bananas are the only fruit I’d eat 24/7. However, I want to include more fruits.
13. Trust my intuition. This is something I’ve been working on solo. I believe you should lean more into yourself and trust your gut.
14. Become a pet owner. Guys I’m afraid of animals but I think I’m finally ready. I’ll start small though. Leave some recommendations in the comments please.
15. Go on a romantic date. My partner and I live oceans apart so we haven’t done the whole going to the restaurant and cinema date thing. We might do one of those online movie watch if our WiFi cooperates.
16. Find my poetry style. Half way there, you’ll see more of it on my blog (when I’m not too shy).
17. Do more for my mental health and the mental health cause. This is something I’ve always been passionate about. I have a few ideas and if anyone here has ideas we can talk. Just email me 😊.
18. Go a day without Instagram, YouTube and Netflix. This day is coming sooner rather than later. I need days where I’m not glued to my screen.
19. Be intentional with self-love and self-care. I’m adamant on this, prioritizing myself is mandatory.
20. Unlearn a lot of narratives I’ve been wired with. Being born an empty vessel I was filled with things that weren’t of me. Now I’m older I have the ability to create my own narratives and discard certain ones that don’t make any sense to me.
21. Try vegan food. Don’t kill me but I’ve never had vegan food. There’s a Cafe that recently opened so I’m going to try.
22. Post on my socials about my blog. This is something I’ve been wanting to do. People know I’m good at writing but they don’t know I write on a blog. I want to confidently put my work out there more.
23. Buy and wear a wig. I won’t even explain my reasoning, I just want a wig lol.
24. Treasure moments and people. Life is fleeting and tomorrow is promised to no one. I want to be more present and not worried about what’s next. Definitely buying a Polaroid camera to capture these moments and people too.
That’s my 24 things to do before August 10, 2023. I’ll do an update post on that day so you’ll know what I’ve done and accomplished from the list.
Stay safe and take care 💛✨️